Changelog Latest release 7 days ago
- Automatic conversion and removal of settings.php files from all galleries
- File Uploader now uses .conf files instead of .php to save the configuration of each gallery
After more than 3 years we've changed the way we deliver updates for the better. Learn more about this important change by clicking here.
We've also removed some unnecessary files (read notes below) and resolved a low-risk vulnerability in File Uploader.
- The upgrade of the module no longer requires manual intervention to apply changes to database
- Improved the code of File Uploader to cover a possible low-risk vulnerability
- Removed a directory that was not supposed to be part of the official release
Make sure to remove modules/addons/Mercury/js/file-upload/server directory with all its contents.
The directory contains images that we uploaded just to test File Uploader even before Mercury was released.
With the introduction of Open Graph Protocol in the previous release, we're now making another step toward a better SEO with Sitemap generator.
Mercury allows to create contents for your WHMCS website. There are news, blog posts, lab entries and articles of documentation. With this release all these contents will be included in the sitemap.
For more information about this feature and its settings, please read the documentation.
- Sitemap generator for news, blog posts, lab entries and articles of documentation
- SystemURL overriding for sitemap. Ideal to use if your WHMCS is accessible from multiple domains/aliases
- Add static URLs in the automatically generated sitemap
- Mercury now stores last modified date for news, blog posts, lab entries and articles of documentation
- Small improvements to Open Graph Protocol
Most of the changes we made in this release are "invisible" but still relevant.
If you are familiar with social media marketing campaigns, you have probably heard about the Open Graph Protocol and OG tags. For detailed information about OG tags read the official guide written by Facebook.
We updated Mercury to support Open Graph Protocol so that all your news and blog posts are now fully compatible with this technology.
Moreover we've also implemented Language Overrides so that you can translate Mercury language files like you are already doing for WHMCS.
- Open Graph Protocol support
- Module's Language files overrides. Customize translations in the same way you do for WHMCS
- Canonical URL in head are now absolute
We improved several aspects of Mercury including an annoying bug described in our Lab.
The most relevant change is that Mercury is now fully compatible with the new TinyMCE text editor that has been introduced in version 7.6 of WHMCS.
We have great plans for the future. We're considering to implement Social Media Auto Publish on Mercury. Stay tuned.
- The new TinyMCE of WHMCS 7.6.x is fully supported
- Depending on WHMCS version in use, Mercury will use correct TinyMCE
- Compatibility with the FontAwesome 5
- Clients Releases (Widget) now only shows published releases
- Empty Widgets (eg. no news, posts, releases etc.) looks better now
- Request features / Bug Reports: character count is more accurate
- Lab. Completed projects are ordered by date. All other categories are ordered by rank
- When Admin has no default language set in WHMCS the installer will use English
- Small improvements to Installer
This is a major release in which we introduce a new concept. As we previously discussed in our Lab, there was a missing piece in Mercury: a Blog.
Finally you can maintain a corporate Blog to reach the goals of your organization. You no longer have to mix offical news with more informal blog posts. Keep them separate and distinct to get the best of both world.
The new blogging platform is fully equiped with 4 widgets that you can use to integrate it in your WHMCS with a simple copy-paste. Next to this major change, we have also improved other secondary aspects.
- Blogging platform
- 4 widgets to integrate the Blog with your WHMCS
- New section in Settings page to customize the way your Blog will work
- Blog uses our HereLang technology
- Make use of File Uploader to create awesome posts full of images
- Lab Requests: now you can see the date of submissions made by customers
- Removed some unnecessary scripts
- MagicInput: lot of improvements in our number selector
- Small improvements in CSS and template files
- Small improvements in Utilities PHP class
We updated several core classes we use in all our modules. Changes are small but important. In next release we'll focus on implementing a blog in Mercury. Send us your suggestions from our Lab.
- Added links to documentation in Settings page
- Lot of improvements to MagicInput
- SVG files are considered as images by File Uploader
- More efficient regex rules for File Uploader
- CSS of Documentation
- General imporvements in the following classes: Language, Setting, Installer
- Small bug in our Date class that was showing an "ugly" format: 365 days instead of 1 year
- It was possible to insert a decimal number in Ticket Processing Time
- Docs: small scrolling issue involving sidebar
In this release we focus on perfecting small details.
First off we developed a brand new number selector in MagicInput. You can increase and decrease the value with keyboard, scroll wheel and +/- buttons. To ease the process we also implemented a feature that increases the growing of the number exponentially over time. It also supports prefix, suffix, min/max value and number format. The longer you press the more the growth increases. Click here to take a look.
If you clicked the previous link and your're reading this changelog from our website then you've already noticed the other new feature we implemented. From now on in Mercury all links that point to an image will open in a modal!
Apart from some other improvements we have also included new scripts that will be used with next release. We don't want to spoiler details but you can expect something cool :P
- Brand new number selector (MagicInput)
- When you link to an image it now opens in a modal without leaving the page
- Images in modals are pre-loaded therefore they will show up with no delays
- New styling function that will be used in future releases to color specific elements progressively based on warning levels
- Changelog frontend: categories (New, Improved, Changed...) are now ordered properly
- Date/Time formatter classes notably improved
- Request feature / Report bug. Sidebar no longer visible to non-logged users
- Changelog: attached images will always open in Gallery view instead of modals
- Small changes to core PHP class of the module
As previously discussed in our Lab, when customers submit feature requests or bug reports in the Lab they tend to think that no one is reading their messages because there are no follow-ups.
For this reason we decided to implement email notifications so that customers receive a notification when they submit requests, when an administrator is reading and when their requests is approved. This will increase customers' perception when they use the Lab.
We've also added a new customizable widget, improved MagicInput and Support module.
- Email notification to customers for submitting feature request / bug report
- Email notification to customers when an administrator is reviewing their feature request / bug report
- Email notification to customers when their feature request / bug report is approved
- All the new email notifications are available in English and Italian and can be customized from Email Templates
- Support module: new variables available to display your working week
- New widget to display latest releases of products owned by customers
- MagicInput: colorpicker has been updated with new features and style
- Small improvements to Packages.tpl and License.tpl files
- The structure of all PHP classes and methods has been optimized
This is a corrective release. There aren't new features or changes that are worth to mention. We've updated big portions of the code to improve software maintainability and efficiency for PHP 7.1 and 7.2.
- In-depth code optimization
- Export to spreadsheet without limitations in numer of rows & columns
- Exported spreadsheets support multi-language
As already discussed in Lab, In this release we started to implement Support Module bringing you new tools to improve ticket management with features like Premium (paid) support, emergency reports and a system that informs customers about the estimated wait times on tickets.
- Management of: working days, hours, breaks, holidays
- Offer Premium (paid) support to your customers
- Emergency tickets used by customers to report urgent issues
- Widget to notify unpaid Premium ticket
- Anchor labels in Docs formatted properly