Preview the new Billing Extension
VIES live checksIf your company is based in EU you'll love all these new features. Billing Extension is now capable of verifying the validity of VAT Numbers provided by European customers when:
- Customers register on your website
- Customers change their VAT Number or Country from clientarea
- Administrators update VAT Number or Country on behalf of a customer
- Administrators perform manual checks
- With Cron Job when the latest check performed against VIES is too old
Here you can find more details. Below you can see how it works for customers.
Proforma, Invoice, Credit NoteWHMCS only handles proformas and invoices but we managed to add credit notes (or "reverse invoices"). This feature is already part of the old Billing Extension, so what's more? If you have a long experience with WHMCS you probably already know how tricky it is to deal with invoices and proformas.
In WHMCS invoices and proformas have different numbers, proformas could have an ID, an ID with number or just a number. As a consequence when you export invoices to PDF or CSV you may find invoices and proformas mixed together for no apparent reason.
To solve this issue we developed a system that marks proformas, invoices and credit notes. We called this new parameter Document Type that can be used to view, filter and export exactly the type of documents you are looking for. We included this new precious information on Invoice view and in the following table.
Each document type (proforma, invoice, credit note) have dedicated sequential number, increment and format.
It is also possibile to convert a proforma into an invoice or a credit note in one click. As for refunds, there's an option to refund an invoice creating a credit note. Both documents will be linked forever as you can see from this screenshot.
Extended SnapshotsWHMCS already stores client data snapshot (preserve client details upon invoice generation to prevent profile changes for existing invoices), but it doesn't store currencies and there's no way to update these values. In Billing Extension we overcome both issues giving you the following features.
There's more! We made your own company details (name, address, Pay to Text, logo) a snapshot linked to invoices. That means that in case your company name changes or you move to a new address, you can create a new company profile. Billing Extension will apply the new profile only to newer invoices as follows. Click here to see an example of a Company Profile.
Warning SystemTired of fixing invoicing problems when they have already occurred? Billing Extension performs several checks to detect problems in your billing system upfront. At the moment of writing the module can detect the following errors:
- Gaps in Invoice Number sequence. Review missing invoice numbers and their expected date
- Duplicate Invoice Number. Find duplicate invoice numbers and how many duplicates exist
- VIES. You're notified every time the Tax Exempt status of a customer changes due to VIES response
- Orphan Snapshots. You're notified when a snapshot is missing the related invoice
Renewals made simpleLet's suppose a customer has the following products with you:
- Domain example.com + ID Shield
- Hosting for example.com + Antispam + Antivirus
- SSL for example.com
- Dedicated SMTP for example.com
- My Domains > example.com
- My Domains > example.com > Addons > ID Shield
- My Services > Hosting - example.com
- My Services > Hosting - example.com > Addons > Antispam
- My Services > Hosting - example.com > Addons > Antivirus
- My Services > SSL - example.com
- My Services > Dedicated SMTP - example.com
Invoice SuppressionYou can configure Billing Extension to suppress unwanted invoices (e.g. zero amount, full discount, fully paid by credit etc.). In their place you'll find a new page that shows you all information. For example you can view items and transactions involved, the reason why it has been suppressed and so on. Click here for more details.
Avoid software conflictsAs developers we know that some features and options of third-party modules could cause conflicts with WHMCS. To bring you a module without hassle we removed from admin area unnecessary options that can be managed directly from Billing Extension (example).
Tax SettingsWe created a new page where everything related to taxes can be managed in one place. The new Tax Rules page lets you configure general settings and define country-specific tax names and rates (level 1 and 2) with an intuitive interface.
The new Billing Extension is about 60% complete. Presumably it will be ready at the end of summer. Stay tuned and don't forget that you can send us suggestions and request features.