Changelog Latest release 1 month ago
We're starting a new series of improvements regarding your staff (eg. Full Administrators, Support Operators, Sales Operator).
Not only they can upload an avatar and provide additional contact details (eg. telephone number) but you can be assigned as Account Managers to specific customers.
When a customer has an Account Manager he can always find his/her relevant information in client area from the sidebar. Here there's a new section where customers can quickly find contacts to quickly get in touch with their Account Managers.
Domain repricing updates domain pricing based on Registrars' price list. It can be set update prices for new registrations, transfers and renewals and/or recurring amount for existing domains.
This feature comes in the form of an optional plugin of Billing Extension. At the moment of writing this, it works with Internetbs and Namecheap.
No worries if you have multiple currencies. The system automatically handles currency conversions. All you have to do is define your markup (profit calculated above costs) as percentage, fixed amount or both.
Repricing sticks to your current settings and doesn't do anything in contrast with them. For example if you're not offering "2 years" renewal period for .IT domain, you'll keep this setting.
If you don't like complex numbers, you can also design custom roundings (eg. round to nearest 0.50 cent). You can also enable a feature that automatically cancel existing PayPal Subscriptions whenever the price of a domain varies.
Last but not least, you can set exclusions. You can choose what TLDs, domain names and customers must stay with current prices.
Next we have the "infamous" feature to charge transaction fees to customers on invoices.
In some countries you are not allowed to charge additional costs depending on payment method. Moreover some payment gateways forbid this practice so use it at your own risk.
Let's say you have a payment gateway that charges you 2.2% plus 0.35 for every transaction (multi-currency is supported). First thing first enable Processing Fees plugin then simply insert the above values and save.
Billing Extension automatically recalculates invoice amount depending on payment method in use.
Don't be fooled into thinking that calculation is easy. We can't simply increase invoice amount by 2.2% plus 0.35 since the resulting increase will also increase fees even further.
The formula behind this calculation is very complex and boring to explain so let's simply jump to conclusion.
There's an invoice with a total due of 100 euro. Billing Extension increases this amount in a way that grants you a net income of 100. Not a cent more, not a cent less.
Aruba Electronic Invoicing
We completed the integration with Aruba "Fatturazione elettronica" for italian electronic invoicing but don't waste your time trying to locate it since we had been forced "pause" this feature.
Let's start from the beginning. We have successfully integrated Billing Extension with Aruba. As you can imagine the integration relies on API.
Few weeks ago we discovered that Aruba binds the use of their API to Premium users which means one of two things:
- YOU have to pay 600 € / year plus 300 € setup fee (VAT excluded) OR...
- WE have to become Aruba reseller paying the same amount plus 15 € for every of our customers. In order to cover costs we would have to charge you higher amounts
In all fairness, we don't know how to continue since we don't know how many of you use Aruba to transmit invoices. Let us now here so that we can decide what to do.
- Domain Repricing. Automatically update domain selling prices and recurring amounts when Registrar increases or decreases costs. Supported Registrars: Internetbs, Namecheap
- Charge payment gateway fees to specific customers
- Integration with Italian Electronic Invoicing powered by Aruba. The integration is SUSPENDED at the moment. Read release note for details
- Fine tunings to domain and product cancellation requests
- PayPal Subscription Details (clientarea) > Next Payment date replaced by status for Suspened and Cancelled subscriptions
- Clearing unused directories (used by File Uploader) no longer adds unnecessary entries in WHMCS Activity Log
- Missing bootstrap-colorpicker.min.css.map file
- Fatal error when requesting Domain Termination with Reason set to Other
This release has never been made available for download. We used it with a limited number of BETA testers in preparation of upcoming releases.
- BETA release not suitable for use in production
- Fatal error during cron job
- Italian electronic invoicing. CUP/CIG codes not always showing in XML files
- English and Italian translations (frontend)
- Settings > Cash flow. Fiscal year select showing incorrect values on newly installed WHMCS (no invoices and transactions)
- Italian electronic invoicing > CUP/CIG section. At the beginning of the modal we now include details about the product/service or domain that is going to be affected by the change
- Italian electronic invoicing > CUP/CIG section. The modal now returns detailed errors (if applicable) instead of generic one
- Fatal error during cron job affecting our single unlucky customer
It's been some time since the latest release of Billing Extension. Hope you're all doing well.
This wait was planned as we changed our approach to development moving from frequent small updates to occasional large ones.
With this update we introduce a long-awaited feature in WHMCS. We present you Modals Manager.
Now you can communicate with customers via modals that appears in client area as soon as they login. Modals are fully customizable. You can set:
- Body with full HTML support and auto-tags
- CTA button (URL and label)
- Upload media to include in the body
- Define date ranges to define when the modal should appear (eg. Black Friday, Christmas)
- Modal size (small, normal, large)
- Multi-language support so that every customer sees the message in his/her own language
- Freely set the "Remind every X days"
As if it wasn't enough you can create modals in bulk for multiple customers but in the same time have the possibility to apply changes for each of them.
Okay now let's move to Italian electronic invoicing. You can allow customers to define CUP/CIG codes from clientarea for every product/service and domain they have.
This way they receive electronic invoices that include such codes for the corresponding services. They are also required to set an expiration date. Of course you can review and manage their submissions directly from invoice view.
Take a look at the attached screenshots.
- Italian electronic invoicing. Client profiling page (clientarea) now has a new section that can be enabled to let customer provide CUP/CIG codes including expiration/validity dates
- Italian electronic invoicing. New option to let customer specify their CUP/CIG codes for every individual product/service and domain
- Modals Manager supports multi-language, file upload, auto-tags and the possibility to assign multiple modals in bulk to multiple customers
- Modals Manager. Display custom messages to customers via modals
- In preparation of the planned integration with Aruba platform for Italian electronic invoicing, we made several improvements that will help us with the integration
- Terminations page modal. Submit button no longer shows up after submission
- Italian electronic invoicing. The use of CUP/CIG codes is no longer restricted to PA customers
- Client Summary shows details about contract acceptance
- Change of terms and conditions. The system now stores IP address of end-users when he/she accepts changes
- Invoice Status Fixer was saving too many unnecessary entries in Activity Log
- Faulty query causing fatal error during cron preventing BX from completing some automations. The error was not affecting all systems but just customers with a specific features of BX enabled
With this release we address a potential fatal error involving missing table bx_paypalsubscriptions.
- Fatal error. Missing bx_paypalsubscriptions table
On some systems due to changes in recent versions of WHMCS v8 Admin template, some sections of BX were not showing up in Invoice View namely:
- Fattura Elettronica
This release solves the problem maintaining backwards compatibility with WHMCS v5, v6 and v7.
- Invoice View not displaying Fattura Elettronica section (edit, generate, download etc. buttons). Same goes for Esito and VIES sections
TL;DR - This is a "fake" release we made to let you obtain the latest advertised version of BX that was not uploaded to our website due to an error.
It has been brought to our attention that version 2.2.164 released last week was an exact copy of 2.2.163.
For some reason, ionCube failed to send Zip files on our website for download.
In other words, instead of downloading 2.2.164, the website was still giving you the previous version that you were probably already running.
We push out this new version just to let you get the right release. In this context, this version is just an exact copy of the real 2.2.164.
Downloading this version will also solve the problem of BX telling you are still running an older version.
Thanks for understanding. We apologize for the inconvenience.
New API integration with PayPal that stops WHMCS from creating duplicate subscription and overpayments.
We know this feature is part of WHMCS since v7.9 but our implementation works better and has more features.
For people that are still running older versions of WHMCS this release is a must-have.
- PayPal API Integration
- Prevent duplicate PayPal subscription and overpayments
- Inform customers about existing PayPal subscriptions in the following pages: My Domains, My Products/Services, Domain Details, Product/Service Details
- Daily scheduled validation of all existing PayPal subscriptions
- Additional check performed every time viewinvoice.php opens
- Fatal error in clientsinvoices.php when searching by invoice number