Changelog Latest release 7 days ago
In this release there's an important change even though it's not visible. We changed and improved the way our File Uploader stores information on your system. Click here for more details.
Besides this, we've also fixed and improved some other aspects of the module.
- Automatic conversion and removal of settings.php files from all galleries
- Online Contract. More efficient checks
- Improved the structure of some MySQL tables
- File Uploader now uses .conf files instead of .php to save the configuration of each gallery
- Settings > VIES. When updating values the module was opening the wrong collapse menu
- Tax Rules. MySQL query general error
Corrective maintenance to remove unnecessary files (read notes below), resolve a low-risk vulnerability in File Uploader, deliver a small improvement to Tax Stamp plugin and to fix a possible error in the installer.
- Plugin Tax Stamp. It is now possible not to set any minimum amount required to charge tax stamp cost on invoices
- Improved the code of File Uploader to cover a possible low-risk vulnerability
- Removed a directory that was not supposed to be part of the official release
- Invoices page. Error occurring on invoices paid with Payment Methods that had been removed from WHMCS
Make sure to remove modules/addons/BillingExtension/js/file-upload/server directory with all its contents.
The directory contains images that we uploaded just to test File Uploader even before Billing Extension v2 was released.
- The upgrade of the module no longer requires manual intervention to apply changes to database
- Small changes to the structure of some tables to avoid possible errors
- Late Fees. It was not possible to cancel existing late fees
- Installer was not deleting bx_refid table on module Deactivation
Billing Extension is now capable of handling VIES errors instead of returning a generic one. These errors are now logged in Warning System and Activity Log of WHMCS.
As a result, we've updated our guide on Reference Numbers to include further details. We even show you how you can add reference numbers on viewinvoice.tpl and invoicepdf.tpl with a complete snippet.
In preparation for the new plugins system, we've started to include in the module some language strings and template files that are not yet functional at this stage.
- VIES error handling: Invalid input, service unavailable, member state uavailable, timeout, server busy
- VIES error are recorded and displayed in Warnings of Billing Extension and WHMCS Activity Log
- Reference numbers on invoices now support multi-language and are even easier to implement
We noticed that Publish and Publish and Send Email buttons on invoice view work very strangely. In theory they should simply change proforma status from Draft to Unpaid but in reality they were also resetting Invoice Number.
On a stock-WHMCS this is not a problem since Invoice Number is always empty until the proforma turns into an invoice. However in Billing Extension this value is already set since we allow to customize proforma numbers. As a result we fixed this problem in this release.
We've also added a new feature that has been requested in our Lab. From now on you can show the original reference numbers (proforma numbers) on all invoices using 2 new variables available in viewinvoice.tpl and invoicepdf.tpl. You can find details in documentation.
- Publish & Publish and Send Email (Invoice view) now managed by Billing Extension
- Reference numbers available on all invoices
- Admin > Payments. Template updated to show more information about reference numbers
- Online Contract: as a client is deleted the module deletes also information about contract acceptance
- As a client is being added to WHMCS from admin interface, the module automatically accepts contract version for him
- Module's Language files overrides. Customize translations in the same way you do for WHMCS
- Online Contract. Improved functionalities
- In few section was possible to see the codename we used while developing Billing Extension. We changed that
- VIES Client Custom Field. Now you can leave "None" but VIES will not work
- Error on servers with PHP 7.0 that were using ionCube 10.2.x and BX package with PHP 5.6+ support
Many of you asked us to reintroduce Transactions page in clientarea. We gave to this project in our Lab the highest priority.
The new Transaction page uses DataTables. You can see a preview in the gallery of this release. We've also implemented a feature that can automatically add this page to your navbar.
Other than that, we continue improving the upgrade functionality that helps people to move from Billing Extension v1 to v2.
- Transactions page for clientarea
- Option to add Transactions page in clientarea navbar
- The new TinyMCE of WHMCS 7.6.x is fully supported
- Customers accessing Enhanced Renewals when this feature is disabled are redirected to Access Denied page
- The function that issues document numbers for proformas, invoices and credit notes has been hugely improved
- Depending on WHMCS version in use, Billing Extension will use correct TinyMCE
- Further improvements to Installer when upgrading from BX v1 and EU VAT Addon
- Small improvements to Tax Rules
This is a corrective release in which we focused on making the process of invoice suppression more reliable and easier to use.
Billing Extension wasn't "catching" invoices paid with Automatic Credit Use. The same goes for orders manually added by admistrators simultaneously with the option to apply credit. Now this has been fixed and the module detects invoices fully paid by credit more accurately.
We've also added a new feature that prevents WHMCS from sending specific notifications (Invoice Created and Invoice Payment Confirmation) for invoices that have been suppressed for reasons described here. In the linked article you will also find a detailed description of our new Suppression Notification feature.
- When an invoice is suppressed the module prevent WHMCS from sending any related email notification
- New option in Settings. You can select an Email Template to send when an invoice is suppressed
- The module creates log for all actions that occurr during installation in Activity Log
- The module detects when invoice suppression is required more accurately
- Added new checks that make sure that Company Profile is updated correctly
- Company Profile. VIES is automatically disabled when country changes from intra-EU to extra-EU
- When Admin has no default language set in WHMCS the installer will use English
- Settings page. Improved redirects on change
- Installer error when importing Invoice Data Snapshots from WHMCS
Thanks to all feedback received, we managed to quickly spot and fix some errors.
- Viewing suppressed invoices: new page instead of "Invoice not found" alert
- Invoice suppression: new "Order Completed" page
- Order View: improved the quality of information provided
- Small improvements in Utilities PHP class
- In particular circumstances invoice suppression wasn't working as expected
- Fixed some errors in the Upgrading tool of the module
This version of Billing Extension is more than just a release. It's a brand new software redesigned from the inside out from. You can find more information in the official announcement. Here we focus on giving instructions regarding new installations and upgrades of the module.
The installation process is pretty much straight forward. Simply follow Modules' installation guide.
On the contrary the upgrade from older versions requires a particular attention. The module can automatically detect previously installed versions of Billing Extensions and migrade all your data. You can find all information here: Upgrade to version 2.
If you experience issues, please submit a bug-report. If you have any suggestions let us know by using request a feature.
This is a corrective release. We fixed few small bugs and improved the reporting tool Katamaze InvoiceData that is accessible from Reports > More > Others. Did you know that it can be used to filter and export invoice informations on CSV file?
- Small improvements to Katamaze InvoiceData (Reports > More)
- Transaction page: missing variables in some tooltips
- Billing page: Split feature was no longer available
This release contains a "quality of life" change. We removed a feature to give you more control over Billing Extension behaviour.
- Redirection after invoice suppression for WHMCS 7.4+
- Part of "Cancelled Invoices" feature has been removed
In WHMCS 7.2+ the development team made an important change that affects the way Billing Extension works.
Simplified Invoicing, Toggle Invoicing and Manual Invoicing require the module to remove proformas from the system as soon as they become paid. This way Billing Extension can create invoices at a later stage helping you to reduce the number of generated invoices.
When an Administrator adds a payment to a proforma from WHMCS back-end now there's an "Oops!" error stating that the invoice ID does not exist. This happens because in version 7.2+ this event has been elevated "Fatal error". In this release we addressed this issue to finally show an info box instead of a forceful fatal error.
- Proforma suppression: graceful exit instead of fatal error
We updated some parts of the module to ensure compatibility with newer PHP versions 7.1 and 7.2.
- Compatibility with PHP 7.1 and 7.2
- Compatible with ionCube 10