Changelog Latest release 3 days ago
- Italian electronic invoicing. CUP/CIG codes not always showing in XML files
- English and Italian translations (frontend)
- Settings > Cash flow. Fiscal year select showing incorrect values on newly installed WHMCS (no invoices and transactions)
- Italian electronic invoicing > CUP/CIG section. The modal now returns detailed errors (if applicable) instead of generic one
- Italian electronic invoicing > CUP/CIG section. At the beginning of the modal we now include details about the product/service or domain that is going to be affected by the change
- Fatal error during cron job affecting our single unlucky customer
It's been some time since the latest release of Billing Extension. Hope you're all doing well.
This wait was planned as we changed our approach to development moving from frequent small updates to occasional large ones.
With this update we introduce a long-awaited feature in WHMCS. We present you Modals Manager.
Now you can communicate with customers via modals that appears in client area as soon as they login. Modals are fully customizable. You can set:
- Body with full HTML support and auto-tags
- CTA button (URL and label)
- Upload media to include in the body
- Define date ranges to define when the modal should appear (eg. Black Friday, Christmas)
- Modal size (small, normal, large)
- Multi-language support so that every customer sees the message in his/her own language
- Freely set the "Remind every X days"
As if it wasn't enough you can create modals in bulk for multiple customers but in the same time have the possibility to apply changes for each of them.
Okay now let's move to Italian electronic invoicing. You can allow customers to define CUP/CIG codes from clientarea for every product/service and domain they have.
This way they receive electronic invoices that include such codes for the corresponding services. They are also required to set an expiration date. Of course you can review and manage their submissions directly from invoice view.
Take a look at the attached screenshots.
- Modals Manager. Display custom messages to customers via modals
- Modals Manager supports multi-language, file upload, auto-tags and the possibility to assign multiple modals in bulk to multiple customers
- Italian electronic invoicing. New option to let customer specify their CUP/CIG codes for every individual product/service and domain
- Italian electronic invoicing. Client profiling page (clientarea) now has a new section that can be enabled to let customer provide CUP/CIG codes including expiration/validity dates
- Terminations page modal. Submit button no longer shows up after submission
- In preparation of the planned integration with Aruba platform for Italian electronic invoicing, we made several improvements that will help us with the integration
- Italian electronic invoicing. The use of CUP/CIG codes is no longer restricted to PA customers
- Change of terms and conditions. The system now stores IP address of end-users when he/she accepts changes
- Client Summary shows details about contract acceptance
- Invoice Status Fixer was saving too many unnecessary entries in Activity Log
- Faulty query causing fatal error during cron preventing BX from completing some automations. The error was not affecting all systems but just customers with a specific features of BX enabled
With this release we address a potential fatal error involving missing table bx_paypalsubscriptions.
- Fatal error. Missing bx_paypalsubscriptions table
On some systems due to changes in recent versions of WHMCS v8 Admin template, some sections of BX were not showing up in Invoice View namely:
- Fattura Elettronica
This release solves the problem maintaining backwards compatibility with WHMCS v5, v6 and v7.
- Invoice View not displaying Fattura Elettronica section (edit, generate, download etc. buttons). Same goes for Esito and VIES sections
TL;DR - This is a "fake" release we made to let you obtain the latest advertised version of BX that was not uploaded to our website due to an error.
It has been brought to our attention that version 2.2.164 released last week was an exact copy of 2.2.163.
For some reason, ionCube failed to send Zip files on our website for download.
In other words, instead of downloading 2.2.164, the website was still giving you the previous version that you were probably already running.
We push out this new version just to let you get the right release. In this context, this version is just an exact copy of the real 2.2.164.
Downloading this version will also solve the problem of BX telling you are still running an older version.
Thanks for understanding. We apologize for the inconvenience.
New API integration with PayPal that stops WHMCS from creating duplicate subscription and overpayments.
We know this feature is part of WHMCS since v7.9 but our implementation works better and has more features.
For people that are still running older versions of WHMCS this release is a must-have.
- PayPal API Integration
- Prevent duplicate PayPal subscription and overpayments
- Inform customers about existing PayPal subscriptions in the following pages: My Domains, My Products/Services, Domain Details, Product/Service Details
- Daily scheduled validation of all existing PayPal subscriptions
- Additional check performed every time viewinvoice.php opens
- Fatal error in clientsinvoices.php when searching by invoice number
- Invoice Status Fixer. Detect and correct invoices that WHMCS failed to mark as paid
- Italian electronic invoicing > Profilation Log. Customizable Auto-prune settings
- Clientarea > Profilation (Italian electronic invoicing). New field (optional) to allow customers to customize Causale field in the XML
- New feature in Billing Extension > Setting > Italian Electronic Invoicing > Causale Personalizzata
- Billing Extension > Clients. New colum available (Causale) for Italian electronic invoicing
- Billing Extension > Clients. Sorting by XML Creation column causing fatal error
- Warnings > Invoice Number Gaps. The module no longer checks for Draft and Cancelled invoices and credit notes to avoid false alarm
- Terminations. The system now forces end-users to provide a Reason for Cancellation that make sense. Users can no longer avoid leaving the feedback by sending repeating charachers (eg. aaaa, bbbbb, multiple spaces, dashes etc.)
- Terminations > Domains (client area). For some strange reason the modal was closing as soon as EPP Codes were visible
- Terminations (admin area). As you know selecting Other as Reason for Cancellation shows up a textarea from which users can write their feedback. Newlines were not reflecting in WHMCS backend
- Exporting records on Excel was not working due a debugging feature that wasn't supposed to go live in an official release
- Fine tuning in cashflow to avoid a potential error on systems with SQL Strict Mode enabled. That said, we stress the importance of disabling this mode since it is not supported by WHMCS. Having Strict Mode disabled is in fact a requirement of WHMCS