Changelog Latest release 3 days ago
With this release we have successfully solved a long standing issue that some of you were having with automated tasks of Billing Extension. We won't describe details since they're very difficult to explain. Let's just say that if you were having problems with:
- Automatic generation of XML files for electronic invoicing
- Automated VIES checks
- OneInvoice not issuing invoices the first day of the month
- Daily Taks of Billing Extension now run properly even on system using very particular settings
- Few issues with OnePayment
We encourage everyone to update now if the following configuration is in use:
- Electronic Invoicing
- VAT MOSS enabled
- Tax Type Inclusive
- Billing Preferences > Invoice Suppression (any value)
- Billing Preferences > Invoicing Mode > OneInvoice
- Anti-Fraud considers customers as New when they still haven't a paid invoice in their accounts
- Suppressed Invoice page by OneInvoice. Next invoice date is now more accurate
- Electronic invoicing & VAT MOSS with Inclusive Taxes. The module was producing incorrect numbers in XML files
- The Anti-Fraud introduced in previous release was preventing OneInvoice from working as expected
We add a new core feature that can help you handling fraudolent orders. More in particular it lets you postpone the issue of invoices for new customers (ones with no invoices issued on their accounts) so that you can manually review them later on. Read documentation for more details.
- Anti-Fraud for new customers. Automatically postpone the issue of invoices so that payments can be verified manually
- Postponed invoices can be issued in one click from Billing page when and if you want to
- Billing page. It is now possible to Detach (remove) pending invoices
- Electronic Invoicing for VAT MOSS regime now produces more correct XML files
New feature for Italian customers that use electronic invoicing with VAT MOSS regime. Billing Extension already handles this process but we do understand that this particular scenario is a bit complicated to configure. In this release we add a simple toggle that lets you enable or disable MOSS in line with electronic invoicing.
- Option to enable/disable VAT MOSS regime in line with electronic invoicing of Italy
- E-invoicing Scan Now performs additional checks for customers that are using Digiting
- The function Scan FTP Node has been renamed to Scan Now
- E-invoicing toward the Public Administration will always be headed to Company Name. We remove an exception that was allowing Firstname and Lastname to be used in place of Company Name
- Fallback for OnePayment
- Small corrections to english language file
A long-awaited feature is finally being added. You can receive an email notification everytime there's an update available for Billing Extension. You can specify who receives it. Keep in mind that the email will be sent directly by your own WHMCS. This new feature can be configured from Utilities section.
As for electronic invoicing the module now logs when customers update their business type. This way you can monitor changes to billing details.
- The module logs when customers update their business type
- Email notification when a new version of Billing Extension is available
- Transactions page (clientarea). Customers can now expand rows to view invoice items on the fly
- Tweaks for EU regions with special tax regimes and Electronic Invoicing
- Invoices page. Minor improvements to filters
- Add New Order as Administrator. Under particular circumstances OnePayment was giving a Fatal Error or an order with a suppressed Invoice
With this release we introduce a new mode for Electronic Invoicing that allows to perform actions that normally would be restricted. For example from now on you can delete XML files that have been already marked as sent to Revenue Agency. Please use it very carefully.
- Unrestricted Mode to manage XML files without any restrictions from Invoices page
- Fallback to handle Split Payment on systems with a particular Tax Rules configuration
- Mass-Delete XML. The module silently detaches from database XML that have been already removed from FTP Node
The button dedicated to Electronic Invoicing (Invoices page) now has a sub-menu to bring you a new feature that automatically scans your FTP Node to look for XML files that could be in the wrong place.
- Electronic Invoicing. New feature that scans FTP Node looking for XML files that are out of place
- OneInvoice can't be enabled when Proformas are disabled and vice versa
- Invoices page. New icon for the button dedicated to Electronic Invoicing
- Backward compatibility for some tooltips showing information there were previously stored by Billing Extension v1
You can now see Invoice Notes on the fly from Invoices page by clicking a new icon that automatically appears next to documents that have a note. Similarly we're integrated the standard Invoice Preview of WHMCS in Billing Extension. By clicking Total you will be able to see a preview of items and amounts without leaving the page.
As for Electronic Invoicing we changed the value of IdFiscale for Extra-EU customers. It seems that Revenue Agency requires the value OO99999999999. We updated the module accordingly even though we can confirm you that basically any value is accepted. We don't get it but okay.
- Invoices page. Invoice notes visible on mouse click
- Invoices page. Preview of Invoice items & amounts clicking on Totals
- Small improvements to the section that shows you if you are running an outdated version of module
- CUP/CIG codes can be used also by customers that are not using BX to issue XML files
- Extra-EU customers will have IdFiscale equal to OO99999999999 according to the new standard of Revenue Agency
Electronic Invoicing with FattureMyCloud integration. The status of a very small amount of XML files was "Unknown". This release will solve the issue with next cron job.
- FattureMyCloud and Electronic Invoicing. Double-check for XML files with Unknown status
- From now on CUP/CIG codes can be managed also for Proformas
- Removed some js scripts that were no longer needed
This release solves the issue with daily Automated Tasks of Billing Extension.
- Possibility to filter Invoices that still need to be issued as XML files
- General improvements
There's a new option for Electronic Invoicing that allows you to enable or disable the support for Invoice lots. Normally you should always prefer to generate XML files that contain Invoice lots but paradoxically some Intermediary platforms does not support this mode. If this is your case, make use of this option to save time and efforts.
- Electronic Invoicing. Support for Invoice lots can be turned on/off
- Major adjustments when issuing Invoices and Credit Notes on systems with Proforma disabled
- Electronic Invoicing. New badge lets you determine what XML files contains Invoice lot
- Incorrect Invoice Detection is now available also on documents that already have a Snapshot
- Tax exemptions based on States are logged only when the status changes
- Billing Extension > Invoices. New column available: Invoice ID (system ID)
- Major adjustments to Daily Tasks of Billing Extension
- Minor tweaks to Electronic Invoices for Organizations
- Minor tweaks to Conditional Footer Text on Invoices
- Under certain conditions Online Contract was redirecting customers to an incorrect URL
Let's talk about (again) Canary Islands and more in general about VAT-free regions that always cause us many problems. Few weeks ago we introduced the possibility to specify state-based Tax Rates. For states like Canary Islands you simply had to set 0%. It gets the job done but everytime you come across Invoices with no tax applied and customers with Tax Exempt turned off, you need minutes to understand that it's all correct. In this release we want this process more comprehensible.
There's a new option that allows you to directly specify VAT-free States (preview). For example as soon as we set Las Palmas as VAT-free state, Billing Extension will automatically turn on Tax Exempt status for all the involved customers. Moreover such changes take into account VIES status and customers with Locked Tax Exempt. This way when you submit changes, you won't cause any hurt to customers with special rules applied. Of course changes will reflect on client registration and updates.
In 2.2.43 we released the module as Bundle but in the end we've been forced to undo this change since there are still some customers running very outdated versions of ionCube.
Similarly we tried to address an issue with Daily Cron Job of WHMCS and Automatic Tasks of Billing Extension. Some customer solved their problems but there are sill people experiencing issues therefore we keep investigating.
- Country/State-based Tax Exempt status (also works on ClientAdd and ClientEdit)
- Changes to Tax Exempt status have immediate effect on selected customers
- Changes to Tax Exempt status take into account VIES and Lock status
- Tax Stamp no longer applies when OneInvoice is in use
- Electronic invoicing. The function that generates XML files is slightly more flexible
- We'll keep releasing the module with specific packages for PHP 7.2, 7.0, 5.6 and Bundle